Relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach. Prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain foods and beverages. Just one tablet.
Adults and children 12 years and over: To relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew. To prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water at any time from 10 to 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn. Do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours. Children under 12 years: Ask a doctor. Read the directions and warnings before use. Keep the carton. It contains important information. Store at 20-25 degrees C (68-77 degrees F). Protect from moisture. Tips for managing heartburn: Do not lie flat or bend over after eating. Do not wear tight-fitting clothing around the stomach. Do not eat before bedtime. Raise the head of your bed. Avoid heartburn-causing foods such as rich, spicy, fatty or fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, and certain fruits and vegetables. Eat slowly and avoid big meals. If overweight, lose weight. Quit smoking.
In Each Tablet: Famotidine 20 mg
Carnauba Wax; Hydroxypropyl Cellulose; Hypromellose; Magnesium Stearate; Microcrystalline Cellulose; Pregelatinized Starch; Talc; Titanium Dioxide
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or other acid reducers. Do not use: if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor; if you have kidney disease, except under the advice and supervision of a doctor; with other acid reducers. Ask a doctor before use if you have: had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition; heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness; chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath, sweating, pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders, or lightheadedness; frequent chest pain; frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn; unexplained weight loss; nausea or vomiting; stomach pain. Stop use and ask a doctor if: your heartburn continues or worsens; you need to take this product for more than 14 days. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222). Do not use if the individual blister unit is open or torn.