Pepto-Bismol Max Strength Liquid

$7.99

SKU: 1401793 Category: Product ID: 1861

Description

Indications

Relieves: travelers’ diarrhea, diarrhea, upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including: heartburn, indigestion, nausea, gas, belching.

Directions

Shake well before use. Use dose cup or tablespoon (TBSP). Adults and children 12 years and over: 1 dose (30 mL or 2 Tbsp) every hour as needed. Do not exceed 4 doses (120 mL or 8 Tbsp) in 24 hours. Use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days. Children under 12 years: ask a doctor. Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea. Protect from freezing. Avoid excessive heat (over 104 degrees F or 40 degrees C).

Active Ingredients

30 mL: Bismuth Subsalicylate 1050 mg

Inactive Ingredients

Benzoic Acid; D&C Red No. 22; D&C Red No. 28; Flavor; Magnesium Aluminum Silicate; Methylcellulose; Saccharin Sodium; Salicylic Acid; Sodium Salicylate; Sorbic Acid; Water. Each Tbsp Contains: Magnesium 25 mg; Sodium 8 mg; Salicylate 437 mg.

Warnings

Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness. Allergy alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are: allergic to salicylates (including aspirin); taking other salicylate products. Do not use if you have: an ulcer, a bleeding problem, bloody or black stool. Ask a doctor before use if you have: fever, mucus in the stool. Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug for: anticoagulation (thinning the blood), diabetes, gout, arthritis. When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur. Stop use and ask a doctor if: symptoms get worse; ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs; diarrhea lasts more than 2 days. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.